Thursday, November 16, 2006

Arrival in Tulear - minus luggage!

Hello,
Managed to get onto qn internet cqfe but keyboqrd q bit diffrent to q bit of strange letters pop in every now qnd then

Just co,e bqck from the airport but our luggage wasn’t there yet. Connection is very slow so I will not stay too long, writing on a word doc whileI wait for it to connect.

So my first few days in Madagascar were not short of surprises. My worst nightmare came true and they lost ny luggage. I qn really looking forward to getting it tonight to finally change into so,ething clean. I hv been sleeping and living in the same clothes since I left England.
Tulear is interesting. A bit dusty but we have been chilling out and I an acclimatising fast
We are setting off to Andavadoaka to,orrow at dawn. Initially we were planning to get there by boutre (the local sailing boat) but the wind was blowing north very stong and it didn’t make into tulear from the north so now we will be going by bus on a bumpy jopurney that apparently will take a good 10hrs. It’s a shame also because on the boutre we would hv had the chance of sighting migrating whales (although it is the end of the season) and dolphins.

We are staying in Chez lala which is a cool chilled out place. Yesterday while sitting in the ct yard I had a geko walking on me and it also jumped on my face it was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home