Sunday, November 05, 2006

I wish I could teleport my luggage

Packed: all my essentials for the next two months translate into a whopping 28.9kg of luggage, an immense suitcase to drag around at the end of the expedition (damn diving and other miscellaneous kits). That will make it 45EUR of extra luggage fee with British Midland, stupid airlines who don’t accept that diving equipment IS sporting equipment. They’ll better not lose it. And I am also supposed to pick up some stuff to carry over to the site for Blue Ventures at the airport tomorrow. I think I’ll juggle that one on my head :)

Only a few hours to go before I leave the comfort of my home. I feel a bit weird
I think it's a mixture of exciting anticipation and nervousness. I have been feeling a bit nauseous for the last couple of days. Started my malaria prophylaxis today and so far so good.

My flight to Paris leaves at 10:50 am tomorrow, that is only the first of my 3 flights to get to Tulear.
I will have 4 hours to kill in Paris followed by an overnight 10-hours flight to Tana and then a flight to Tulear some 900km further south from the capital.
This 24-hours trek will not be the end of the line. Tulear is only the pick up point for the last stretch of the journey to Andavadoaka, my temporary home for the next 6 weeks.
And the last segment of the journey promises to be the most challenging.

Madagascar here I come!

4 Comments:

At 10:28 am, Blogger Ant & Gem said...

Hi Ros,
I'm so jealous!! Feels like our months of travelling are a long, long time ago now.
Hope your flights there weren't too exhausting.
Look forward to hearing about your adventures.
Gem

 
At 12:17 pm, Blogger JoseMa said...

Que pena que al final me perdí la despedida...

Espero que tengas un buen viaje, e iré mirando tu blog de vez en cuando.

Un abrazote y cuidate!!

 
At 10:47 am, Blogger Antoine said...

Keep us updated !!

Good luck

 
At 7:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you survived your monster journey....have fun in Madagascar!
all the best...elke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home